Warehouse Associate/Case Picker – 2nd Shift - Waynesboro, Virginia
Join the Blue Ridge Beverage Team!
Blue Ridge Beverage Company, Inc., a leading beverage distributor in Central and Southwest Virginia, is looking for a WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE. If you are looking for a solid career with a growing company, then we invite you to join our Team!
Job Type: Full Time, Hourly
Location: Waynesboro, VA
Hourly Rate: Day shift begins at $19.50 per hour, with a $0.50 increase after 90 days.
Schedule: Monday-Friday; shift begins at 12:30 PM
Paid time off plus 3 scheduled paid holidays
Comprehensive Medical Insurance including health, dental, prescription, and vision care
Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
Short-term and Long-term Disability
Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care
401(k) Retirement Plan with some employer contribution
Employee Assistance Program
You will be responsible for safely picking, moving, and loading our beverage products onto our delivery trucks. Our WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATES are self-motivated, effective communicators, driven to meet and exceed goals, and strive for 100% accuracy. They work well both in a team and independently, stay calm under pressure, are detail-oriented and have good organizational and time management skills.
- Pick orders with accuracy and speed
- Replenish pick locations as needed
- Function in a fast-paced environment, as a member of a team and independently
- Build pallets that travel safely without damage
- Load delivery trucks and other vehicles
- Maintain a clean environment
- Adhere to strict safe working practices and company policies
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Position Requirements
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires a sense of urgency.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Have basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Ability to effectively communicate utilizing the English language both verbally and in writing.
- Must not have a felony conviction or a no contest plea to a felony.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be dependable and hard-working.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Previous experience with computerized warehousing preferred.
- Past warehouse experience using a forklift, or electric pallet jack experience a plus.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen including for THC.
Ability to lift and carry, including overhead lifting, 15-40 pounds or more on a repetitive basis during a 10- to 15-hour day with frequent bending, stooping, standing, kneeling, reaching, pushing, pulling, and sitting. Ability to occasionally lift heavy items up to 135lbs.
* * * * *
EOE: Blue Ridge Beverage is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
All candidates must consent to a pre-employment drug screen that includes testing for the presence of THC.