Warehouse Associate – 2nd Shift - Salem, Virginia
Join the Blue Ridge Beverage Team!
Blue Ridge Beverage Company, Inc., a leading beverage distributor in Central and Southwest Virginia, is looking for a WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE. If you are looking for a solid career with a growing company, then we invite you to join our Team!
Job Type: Full-time, Hourly
Hourly Rate: Shift begins at $19.00 per hour, with a $0.50 increase after 90 days.
Schedule: Monday-Friday; shift begins at 3:00 PM
- Paid time off plus 3 scheduled paid holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance including health, dental, prescription, and vision care
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with some employer contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
You will be responsible for safely picking, moving, and loading our beverage products onto our delivery trucks. Our WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATES are self-motivated, effective communicators, driven to meet and exceed goals, and strive for 100% accuracy. They work well both in a team and independently, stay calm under pressure, are detail-oriented and have good organizational and time management skills.
- Pick orders with accuracy and speed
- Replenish pick locations as needed
- Function in a fast-paced environment, as a member of a team and independently
- Build pallets that travel safely without damage
- Load delivery trucks and other vehicles
- Maintain a clean environment
- Adhere to strict safe working practices and company policies
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Position Requirements
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires a sense of urgency.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Have basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Ability to effectively communicate utilizing the English language both verbally and in writing.
- Must not have a felony conviction or a no contest plea to a felony.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be dependable and hard-working.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Previous experience with computerized warehousing preferred.
- Past warehouse experience using a forklift, or electric pallet jack experience a plus.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen including for THC.
Ability to lift and carry, including overhead lifting, 15-40 pounds or more on a repetitive basis during a 10- to 15-hour day with frequent bending, stooping, standing, kneeling, reaching, pushing, pulling, and sitting. Ability to occasionally lift heavy items up to 135lbs.
* * * * *
EOE: Blue Ridge Beverage is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
All candidates must consent to a pre-employment drug screen that includes testing for the presence of THC.