Senior Bookkeeper/Accounting Supervisor - Salem
Blue Ridge Beverage Company, Inc., located in Central and Southwest VA, a large beverage distribution company, is seeking a qualified, dedicated individual to be the Senior Bookkeeper/Accounting Supervisor for our Salem division. This is a senior full-charge bookkeeping position in a transaction-rich beverage distribution environment. This position will be primarily responsible for the financial accounting functions and daily delivery route settlement processes. The position is both hands-on and supervisory in nature.
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Wage Range: Commensurate with experience
- Paid time off plus 3 scheduled paid holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance including health, dental, prescription, and vision care
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with some employer contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
- All accounts payable functions, including payments via electronic funds transfer.
- All accounts receivable functions, including posting electronic payments and collecting customer and supplier A/R.
- General ledger account balancing.
- Daily route-accounting settlement process.
- Daily sales postings into general ledger.
Minimum Position Requirements
- Previous full-charge bookkeeping experience in a transaction-rich environment.
- Detail-oriented, accurate and timely.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and supervise others involved in financial accounting functions and settlement processes.
- Excellent computer and communication skills.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP and/or beverage or other direct store distribution accounting a plus.
- Associates or bachelors accounting degree preferred