Sales Support Specialist – Wine Department - Salem
Blue Ridge Beverage Company, Inc., located in Central and Southwest VA, is a large beverage distribution company seeking a full time Sales Support Specialist for the Roanoke and New River Valley area. This is an entry level position to work five days per week on day shift. Hours and days may fluctuate occasionally.
Job Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Wage Range: $41,000 - $43,000
Paid time off plus 3 scheduled paid holidays
Comprehensive Medical Insurance including health, dental, prescription, and vision care
Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
Short-term and Long-term Disability
Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care
401(k) Retirement Plan with some employer contribution
Employee Assistance Program
Car and phone allowance
The Sales Support Specialist reports directly to the Wine Sales Manager. The Sales Support Specialist has no direct reports and is responsible for maintaining or improving sales execution during route relief duties. The Sales Support Specialist assures quality standards are maintained and is responsible for maximizing consumer awareness of Company products through display building and point of sale installation when performing merchandising duties
- Promote sales, service, goodwill, and proper rotation in all accounts according to Company standards.
- Merchandise products properly by rotating, stocking, and filling shelves as necessary.
- Efficiently build, merchandise and price product displays (as legal) utilizing all appropriate point of sale materials.
- Develop and maintain effective relations with all key personnel in assigned retail accounts and maintain the Company’s image and credibility by performing in a professional manner at all times.
- Maintain excellent relationship with co-workers and communicate regularly to provide excellent service and to achieve team or department goals.
- Provide timely and accurate feedback to management at all levels.
- Maintain adherence to Company policies and procedures, and ABC and DOT regulations as they relate to the position.
Minimum Position Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen, to include THC.
- Must have reliable transportation and an excellent driving record.
- Must be able to work well with others.
- Basic computer technology preferred.
- Have self-confidence, demonstrate good judgement, and maintain well-groomed appearance.
- Must be able to repetitively lift, including overhead, 15-40 pounds or more with frequent bending, stooping, standing, kneeling, reaching, pushing, pulling, and sitting.