Red Bull Sales Manager – All Channels - Salem, Virginia
Blue Ridge Beverage Company, Inc., located in Central and Southwest VA, is a large beverage distribution company seeking a full-time Red Bull Sales Manager. The individual in this position will be responsible for all developing and managing the Red Bull brand in four selling divisions and all class of trade channels. The individual will drive sales planning and brand ideation that support short and long-term marketing strategy and will be accountable for Red Bull performance, project management and brand development initiatives, sales execution, service, and trade quality objectives.
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt
Wage Range: DOE
- Paid time off plus 3 scheduled paid holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance including health, dental, prescription, and vision care
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with some employer contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company-provided vehicle for use during work hours.
- Allowance for cell phone use
- Steward of the brand that supports the brand promise, brand vision, brand position, brand architecture and achieves overall business goals for the brand.
- Engages and inspires the organization around the brand vision, position, and strategies so they are clear in bringing them to life in their areas of functional expertise.
- Plan, controls, and directs a Red Bull sales team that is highly focused on meeting and exceeding corporate sales goals, delivering business value, and is customer service oriented.
- Analyzes new product launches and reports on vitality rates.
- Conducts analysis and periodical reviews of the brand, competition, category, and consumer trends to enhance the brand’s equity and marketplace performance vis PowerPoint.
- Assists with setting and executing sales objectives; attain corporate business metrics to include volume, profit, distribution, and placement to maximize sales and brand performance.
- Analyzes available data sources and competitive business trends to drive improved performance within sales teams and in the retail trade.
- Works directly with Sales Managers to set measurable goals for the specialists to help achieve monthly volume, revenue, and profit.
- Works directly with Red Bull North America (RBNA) to improve overall Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) that drive sales team effectiveness and strong business results.
- Tracks and administers qualifying sales incentives and promotions for the sales teams.
- Communicates business results, plans and sales objectives to senior management.
- Coaches and trains all specialists to maximize their skills in the industry and help them to achieve their maximum potential.
- Conducts regular meetings with the specialists to discuss business results, planning, and other information related to the brand.
- Communicates with all divisions to explain and implement RBNA business strategies and initiatives.
- Conducts quarterly business reviews with key accounts.
- Responsible for all tracking required by RBNA on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Reviews results of promotions to measure success of activities and ROI from RBNA and Blue Ridge Beverage.
- Uses appropriate communication processes to keep divisions informed of all national account programs and initiatives.
- Assesses potential and existing accounts, considering statistics and expenditures.
- Fosters a culture of accountability, excellence in performance, and ethical behavior.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Relationships & Roles
- Maintains professional internal and external relationships throughout the company.
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity.
- Interacts and collaborates with company employees at all levels in a respectful manner.
- Leads by example, builds trust, values others, holds employees accountable, and communicates effectively with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrates sense of urgency in accomplishing goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates flexibility and able to work nights and early mornings as training, team-building, and other circumstances dictate.
Minimum Position Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 7 years of relevant sales or marketing experience.
- Demonstrated success in leadership, organizational development, administration, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in sales planning and execution metrics.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to work in a team-based, collaborative environment with employees at all levels.
- Availability to travel, up to 50%.