On-Premise Sales Manager – Lynchburg, Virginia
Join the Blue Ridge Beverage Team!
Blue Ridge Beverage Company, Inc., a leading distributor of beer, wine, and non-alcoholic beverages in Central and Southwest Virginia, is looking for a full time ON-PREMISE SALES MANAGER for our Lynchburg Division. The On-Premise Manager executes the company sales objectives and drive sales planning to support short and long-term marketing strategy.
Job Type: Full-Time
Wage Range: DOE
- Paid time off plus 3 scheduled paid holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance including health, dental, prescription, and vision care
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with some employer contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company-provided vehicle for use during work hours
- Allowance for cell phone use
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the on-premise sales organization’s activity-based compensation (“ABC”) program, including specific performance, executional and achievement-oriented goals, objectives, and quotas (as appropriate). This includes performance evaluation across on-premise sales positions in the divisional organization; prioritizing critical performance objectives; overseeing the development, allocation and tracking of specific goals, brands, managers, and sales routes, and ensuring all sales employees are held accountable for assigned results.
- Build and lead a team of sales professionals focused on revenue growth and market share through attainment of sales targets.
- Ensure consistent daily, weekly, monthly sales planning, presentation, meeting, and communications cycles, including timely written work plans and on premise team meetings. Meet periodically with sales team and key suppliers to assess departments’ product against goals, objectives, and other key performance indicators.
- Ensure the on-premise department is in compliance with all company policies, practices, procedures, and controls, including Virginia ABC regulations.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s and key suppliers’ quality programs, including product rotation, draft technology, and line cleaning standards.
- Managing a team of Draft Technicians and the comprehensive line cleaning process to include account tracking and training of company and supplier standards
- Collaborate with applicable company leadership to lead training and development initiatives for the on-premise sales organization. Work with the company senior leadership, suppliers, and vendors to establish learning and development goals essential to departmental success and individual managers’ and employees’ professional and career development.
- Participate in strategic planning meetings, supplier planning meetings, sales forecasting, and departmental resource planning and budgeting.
- Collaborate with appropriate leadership to ensure that the marketing assets, and resources available for achieving the company’s brand-building objectives, including legal point-of-sale materials, trade spending, customer entertainment, and advertising partnerships within mutually agreed budgets.
- Work in trade with team members on a consistent basis to assess retail execution and to coach, mentor, and train team members.
- Assist in maintaining close working relationships with suppliers, retailers, and complete key account calls as appropriate and necessary.
- Maintain a formal retail survey process, including retail pricing surveys, draft handle survey and competitive brand information
- Assist in providing weekly and monthly sales forecasts to support inventory ordering efforts.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service.
- Manage all aspects of special events within the division, including planning, scheduling, and execution.
- Other duties as assigned.
RELATIONSHIPS & ROLES
- Maintains professional internal and external relationships throughout the company.
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity.
- Interacts and collaborates with company employees at all levels in a respectful manner.
- Leads by example, builds trust, values others, holds employees accountable, and communicates effectively with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrates sense of urgency in accomplishing goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates flexibility and able to work nights and early mornings as training, team-building, and other circumstances dictate.
Minimum Position Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years of relevant sales or marketing experience. Experience in the three-tier system of beer, wine, or spirits is preferred.
- Demonstrated successful and positive personal leadership, interpersonal, organizational, administrative, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and secure and maintain auto-liability insurance by state laws
- Ability to articulate distinct brand and product attributes and competitive position.
- Excellent listening, negotiating and presentation skills with retailers and community partners.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to work in a team-based, collaborative environment with employees at all levels.
- Demonstrated continuous improvement in areas of responsibility.
- Availability to travel, up to 25%.
* * * * *
EOE: Blue Ridge Beverage is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
All candidates must consent to a pre-employment drug screen that includes testing for the presence of THC.
If you are unable to complete an application due to a disability, contact this employer at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.