Office Manager - Abingdon
Join the Blue Ridge Beverage Team!
Blue Ridge Beverage Company, Inc., a leading distributor of beer, wine, and non-alcoholic beverages in Central and Southwest Virginia, is looking for an experienced Office Manager to grow with us in our Abingdon, Virginia location. If you are an accomplished administrative leader looking for an exciting opportunity, then we invite you to consider employment with us!
You will have key administrative and management responsibilities, including leading a team of three and managing the day-to-day functions of Blue Ridge Beverage’s Abingdon division office. The Office Manager will provide a variety of accounting and administrative services at the division level to enable the company to meet its business commitments. You must be highly flexible, able to work well both in a team and independently, stay calm under pressure, be detail-oriented and have outstanding organizational and time management skills.
We offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package, and a great team environment!
Wage Range: DOE
- Paid time off plus 3 scheduled paid holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance including health, dental, prescription, and vision care
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with some employer contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
- Manage and administer daily aspects of the division's accounting, human resources, and other administrative functions.
- Build and lead a team of committed and capable employees to ensure successful delivery of accounting and administrative services aligned with business objectives.
- Assign and monitor administrative responsibilities and tasks among office staff.
- Ensure transactional and route accounting tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Complete project review and analysis and ensure management is updated as necessary.
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors.
- Ensure successful processing of supplier and freight claims, purchase orders, filing of daily charges, accounts receivable and inventory costing. Manage certain month end activities.
- Ensure all financial and other filing systems are maintained and current.
- Ensure office supply inventory is properly maintained and coordinate with the IT Department to maintain office equipment.
- Other duties as required.
Minimum Position Requirements
- Associate degree in business, accounting, or related field or equivalent via education and/or work experience.
- 3 years' office management experience in a professional environment, or an equivalent combination of management and administrative experience.
- Demonstrated successful experience with administrative, clerical, and office systems and equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting and administrative management practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated successful and positive personal leadership, interpersonal, organizational, administrative, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work.
- Strong organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills, with high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated successful working relationships with clients, suppliers, and other internal and external contacts.
- Demonstrated hand's-on experience with a variety of accounting and administrative tasks.
- Demonstrated continuous improvement in areas of responsibility.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, and Windows.
- Availability to travel, less than 5%.
- 5 years’ experience in an administrative and/or accounting role.
- Experience with Great Plains software package for finance.
- Experience in a business which measures results principally by transactions and by levels of overall support costs.
* * * * *
EOE: Blue Ridge Beverage is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
All candidates must consent to a pre-employment drug screen that includes testing for the presence of THC.
If you are unable to complete an application due to a disability, contact this employer at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.