Non-CDL Service Representative - Salem
Blue Ridge Beverage Company, Inc., located in Central and Southwest VA, is a large beverage distribution company seeking a full time non-CDL Service Representative. A non-CDL Service Rep safely operates a box truck or van to deliver pre-sold beverage products to retail customers, most with ABC licenses, where beverages are consumed on premise or purchased for off premise consumption.
Job Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Wage Range:: $48,000
- Paid time off plus 3 scheduled paid holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance including health, dental, prescription, and vision care
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with some employer contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
Service Representatives are assigned a defined route. Daily they accurately unload products from a pre-loaded truck, check it in with store personnel, rotate all product by code date to ensure product freshness and merchandise inventory to the shelves. After completing their deliveries, they return to the warehouse, check in remaining product and balance sales dollars to delivery invoices.
- Operate all equipment in a safe and responsible manner. Complete daily pre- and post- trip logs.
- Deliver products to customers following a defined route.
- Recover company property and secure product at all times.
- Rotate all shelf stock, back stock and cooler inventory during each delivery to ensure product freshness.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and company policies and procedures to fulfill customer requests concerning delivery needs, product rotation and merchandising.
- Build displays to designated standards in support of retail programs.
- Accurately edit invoices and collect checks and money orders for the correct amount. Reconcile route daily.
- Maintain neat appearance daily and adhere to company uniform policy.
- Establish daily, two-way communications with each team member to relay customer needs, opportunities, account progress and potential problems.
- Show sense of urgency and consistency in completing work.
Minimum Position Requirements
- Must be able to repetitively lift 25 to 40 pounds and occasionally up to 170 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, lift, carry, climb, stoop and stack product using a hand truck or electric pallet jack.
- Valid Virginia driver’s license with at least one year of driving experience.
- Must maintain acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drugs test to include THC.
- Strong math, verbal and written communication skills preferred.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.