Merchandiser - Salem, Virginia
Blue Ridge Beverage Company, Inc., located in Central and Southwest VA, is a large beverage distribution company seeking a full time Merchandiser. Merchandisers are scheduled day shift hours, five days per week which may include weekend days.
Job Type: Full-time, Non-exempt
Wage Range: $40,000 /Annually
- Paid time off plus 3 scheduled paid holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance including health, dental, prescription, and vision care
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with some employer contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
Merchandisers provide daily support to the sales and delivery team at the retail account level. Our merchandisers continually meet and exceed retail expectations, as defined by the customer, centering on timely accurate orders, deliveries, product rotation and pricing, promotional programming execution such as display building, according to merchandising standards. Merchandisers are expected to maintain professional/respectful relationships at store level.
- Communicate regularly with sales and delivery teams on any issues at retail.
- Check in deliveries at assigned retail accounts, confirming accuracy of the order.
- Fill cooler spaces and shelves while following proper rotation based on code dates.
- Build product displays according to merchandising standards.
- Assure accurate pricing and marketing materials are displayed.
- Function in a fast-paced environment, as a member of a team and independently.
- Adhere to strict safe working practices and company policies.
- Maintain neat, personal appearance, following all uniform requirements.
Minimum Position Requirements
- Must be able to repetitively lift, including overhead, 15-40 pounds or more with frequent bending, stooping, standing, kneeling, reaching, pushing, pulling, and sitting.
- Must be able to work in varying temperatures as assignments may involve working in a cooler.
- Ability to work and problem-solve with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible work availability, including weekends.
- Valid driver license with excellent driving record.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen including for THC.