Lead Service Representative - Salem, Virginia
▸ Apply Online ▸ Download & Apply
Join the Blue Ridge Beverage Team!
Blue Ridge Beverage Company, Inc., a leading distributor of beer, wine, and non-alcoholic beverages in Central and Southwest Virginia, is looking for a LEAD SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE to grow with us.
Job Type: Full-Time
Wage Range: DOE
- Paid time off plus 3 scheduled paid holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance including health, dental, prescription, and vision care
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with some employer contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
The Lead Service Representative will work with Operations leadership to ensure all daily routes are staffed, trucks are operational, and products are being delivered timely and safely.
- Assists the Delivery Manager to coordinate the safe and efficient delivery of company products to various customer locations.
- Ensures proper staffing through scheduling for multi-stop delivery routes while complying with DOT regulations to include driver hours of service and training requirements.
- Facilitates the training and onboarding for new hires and recently licensed employees on role duties, responsibilities, and expectations.
- Periodically audits delivery routes and identify opportunities for efficiency improvements without sacrificing safety and customer service.
- Ensures regular vehicle maintenance schedules are followed for all assigned equipment.
- Ensures compliance with daily duties regarding paperwork, Hours of Service compliance, Pre-Trip/Post-Trip inspection.
- Corrects any safety hazards as identified and/or instructed, and reports details to the applicable members of the management team.
- Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions.
- Plans and coordinates in-services and other educational programs for Service Representatives.
- Operates all equipment in a safe and responsible manner. Completes daily pre- and post- trip logs.
- Periodically serves as swing driver during absences as needed. Responsible for delivering products to customers following a defined route, recover company property and secure product.
- Rotates all shelf stock, back stock, and cooler inventory during each delivery to ensure product freshness.
- Builds displays to designated standards in support of retail programs.
- Accurately edits invoices and collects checks and money orders for the correct amount. Reconcile route daily.
- Other duties as assigned.
Relationships & Roles
- Maintains professional internal and external relationships throughout the company.
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity.
- Interacts and collaborates with company employees at all levels in a respectful manner.
- Leads by example, builds trust, values others, holds employees accountable, and communicates effectively with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrates sense of urgency in accomplishing goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates flexibility and ability to work nights and early mornings as training, team-building, and other circumstances dictate.
Minimum Position Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of experience in transportation, leadership experience preferred.
- CDL Class A license with current medical card, or eligible.
- Excellent driving record.
- Strong math, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Experience with technology, including routing software and Microsoft 365.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
* * * * *
EOE: Blue Ridge Beverage is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
All candidates must consent to a pre-employment drug screen that includes testing for the presence of THC.