Human Resources Generalist - Salem
Join the Blue Ridge Beverage Team!
Blue Ridge Beverage Company, Inc., a leading distributor of beer, wine, and non-alcoholic beverages in Central and Southwest Virginia, is looking for an experienced HR GENERALIST to grow with us. If you are an accomplished HR pro looking for an opportunity to create and implement processes and best practices, then we invite you to consider employment with us!
You will have strategic and administrative responsibilities, including managing the day-to-day functions of Blue Ridge Beverage’s HR department. This role will develop over time, but initially will focus on learning and establishing key HR processes, recruitment, and implementation of a comprehensive HR technology platform. You must be highly flexible, able to work well both in a team and independently, stay calm under pressure, be detail-oriented and have outstanding organizational and time management skills.
We offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package, and a great team environment!
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Wage Range: DOE
- Paid time off plus 3 scheduled paid holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance including health, dental, prescription, and vision care
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with some employer contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
- Support tasks required to administer and execute human resources programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leaves of absence; disciplinary matters and employee relations; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Collaborate with the Director, Human Resources to support employee engagement, including the collection of new hire information and exit survey data to improve employee engagement throughout the company.
- Provide day-to-day support to employees regarding payroll concerns, benefits, job descriptions, Company policies, and other employee-related matters.
- Manage employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the Director, Human Resources.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations that impact the full employment cycle across the company.
- Conduct research, develop, and implement HR strategies and activities.
- Review, track, and document compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments.
- Facilitate background check investigation, drug screening, and employment eligibility verifications, including reference checks.
- Support the Director, Human Resources to provide uniform recruiting, onboarding, and training processes for the company, including conducting interviews, hiring qualified applicants for open positions, and collaborating with managers to understand and validate skills and competencies required for openings.
- Develop and implement changes as needed to ensure duties, responsibilities, and expectations best serve the Company, HR, and employees.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Provide ad hoc administrative support to all employees to assist with special projects, special events, and other activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Position Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, or related field, or equivalent via education and/or work experience
- 3 years’ HR generalist experience or progressively increasing experience in more than one HR functional area
- Demonstrated experience in the administration of talent acquisition, benefits, compensation, and other human resources programs
- Demonstrated use of business acumen to develop, implement, measure, and continuously improve programs and processes in HR
- Strong knowledge of federal and state employment regulations
- Exceptional oral, written, and overall communication skills
- Demonstrated success in setting priorities; exceptional analytic, organization, and problem-solving skills; strong ability to multi-task across diverse projects, issues, and scenarios, with the ability to pivot quickly
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with various internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated continuous improvement in areas of responsibility
- Working knowledge of an HRMS
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Availability to travel to other Company locations, less than 20%
- Experience with a variety of HRMS platforms to include system implementation
- Demonstrated experience in internet sourcing and use of networking systems and tools, and applicant tracking software
- Demonstrated success in developing, implementing, and evaluating training programs that maximize individual and company goals, including best practices in human resources activities
- Demonstrated experience in risk management, including workplace health, safety, security, privacy, business continuity and disaster recovery planning, and organizational liability mitigation
- Demonstrated experience in employer/employee relations, including developing, implementing, and evaluating employee relations programs and processes, and monitoring their application and enforcement to ensure consistency and that no legal issues arise
- Demonstrated experience in human resource talent development, including developing, implementing, and evaluating development programs; talent and performance management; job analysis and evaluation; and developing and conducting training and educational courses
- HR certification
* * * *
EOE: Blue Ridge Beverage is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
All candidates must consent to a pre-employment drug screen that includes testing for the presence of THC.
If you are unable to complete an application due to a disability, contact this employer at email@example.com to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.