Draft Technician - Waynesboro, Virginia
▸ Apply Online ▸ Download & Apply
Join the Blue Ridge Beverage Team!
Blue Ridge Beverage Company, Inc., a leading beverage distributor in Central and Southwest Virginia, is looking for a DRAFT TECHNICIAN. If you are looking for a solid career with a growing company, then we invite you to join our Team!
Job Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Wage Range: $46,000 - $48,000
- Paid time off plus 3 scheduled paid holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance including health, dental, prescription, and vision care
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with some employer contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
A Draft Technician works in the field to ensure that draft beer systems located in assigned retail accounts are cleaned on a set schedule and maintained in a manner to provide the highest quality draft beer, cider and other flavored malt beverages. Additionally, draft techs build strong working relations with managers, owners and bartenders on their routes and assist with promoting company products.
- Clean and maintain draft beer systems per quality standards, following both Company and supplier policies and procedures.
- Check temperatures and equipment pressures. Confirm code dates of all products in the market.
- Diagnose and solve basic draft problems (fix pouring issues, changing faucets and couplers minimally).
- Maintain required written logs to demonstrate that cleaning and maintenance are performed on schedule.
- Conduct retail surveys as required to include Company and competitive brands of draft beverages.
- Maintain clean and sanitary work environment.
- Maintain effective relationships with customers and team members.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Position Requirements
- Must be able to walk, sit, bend, lift, carry, climb, stoop, use hands and fingers to hold objects and tools.
- Must be able to work in varying temperatures as assignments may involve working in a refrigerated cooler for an extended time.
- Must be able to repetitively lift up to 170 pounds.
- Must have valid driver license with a clean diving record and reliable transportation to get to work.
- Prior experience in draft equipment preferred (4 weeks on the job training provided).
- Prior experience in using hand and power tools (drills, wrenches, screwdrivers, crimps, etc.).
- Ability to work Monday - Friday with occasional weekend assistance.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate a willingness to provide excellent quality of work and customer service.
- Demonstrate reliability, attention to detail, strong mechanical skills, high integrity and be self-motivated.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen including THC.