Draft Technician - Salem
Blue Ridge Beverage Company, Inc., located in Central and Southwest VA, is a large beverage distribution company seeking a full-time draft technician for the Salem, VA area. Candidates must demonstrate reliability, attention to detail, mechanical skills, high integrity, self-motivation, and a willingness to provide excellent quality of work and customer service. This position reports to the On-Premise Channel Manager.
Job Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Wage Range: $17.00 per hour
- Paid time off plus 3 scheduled paid holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance including health, dental, prescription, and vision care
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with some employer contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
A Draft Technician works in the field to ensure that draft beer and wine systems located in assigned retail accounts are cleaned on a set schedule and maintained in a manner to provide the highest quality beverages delivered through systems. Additionally, draft techs contribute to the sale and distribution of company products by building strong working relations with managers, owners and bartenders on their routes.
- Clean and maintain draft systems per quality standards, following both Company and supplier policies and procedures, in 15 to 20 accounts per day. Confirm code dates of all products in the market.
- Above set route, respond to service calls as needed to diagnose and solve basic draft problems (fix pouring issues, changing faucets and couplers minimally).
- Maintain required written logs to demonstrate that cleaning and maintenance are performed on schedule.
- Conduct retail surveys as required to include Company and competitive brands of draft beverages.
- Maintain clean and sanitary work environment.
- Maintain effective relationships with customers and team members.
- Share in the responsibility of servicing venues. Ensure that rotation, proper pouring and inventory needs are met.
Minimum Position Requirements
- Must be able to walk, sit, bend, lift, carry, climb, stoop, use hands and fingers to hold objects and tools. May be required to work in awkward positions throughout the day.
- Must be able to work in varying temperatures as assignments may involve working in a refrigerated cooler for an extended time.
- Must be able to repetitively lift up to 170 pounds.
- Repetitive use of both hands and both feet is required.
- Must have valid driver license with a clean diving record and reliable transportation to get to work.
- Prior experience in draft equipment preferred (4 weeks on the job training provided).
- Prior experience in using hand and power tools (drills, wrenches, screwdrivers, crimps, etc.).
- Ability to work Monday through Friday. May occasionally provide problem solving assistance on weekends or share in coverage of weekend venues.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate a willingness to provide excellent quality of work and customer service.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen including THC. Blue Ridge Beverage Company, Inc. has a zero-tolerance policy.