Director, Information Technology - Salem, Virginia
Join the Blue Ridge Beverage Team!
Blue Ridge Beverage Company, Inc., a leading distributor of beer, wine, and non-alcoholic beverages in Central and Southwest Virginia, is seeking an experienced IT DIRECTOR to grow with us.
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt
Pay Range: DOE
- Paid time off plus 3 scheduled paid holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance including health, dental, prescription, and vision care
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with some employer contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
You will oversee the hardware, software, and cloud-based technologies and personnel used to support all aspects of the company’s business. Collaborate with company leadership as a strategic partner to provide in-depth technical expertise in support of business decisions. You must be highly flexible, able to work well both in a team and independently, stay calm under pressure, be detail-oriented and have outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Responsible for the overall system architecture, hosting strategies, infrastructure management, capacity planning, business systems, and cyber security for the company.
- Develops, monitors, and maintains comprehensive information and cybersecurity controls for the organization in coordination with company leadership and employees.
- Provides IT input into company’s disaster recovery plan.
- Builds, leads, and develops an IT team that is exceptionally customer service-oriented, delivers business value, and is well-respected.
- Responsible for all aspects of implementation of the company’s enterprise software, including the route-accounting system (“RAS”), warehouse management system (“WMS”) and various electronic data interchange (“EDI”) platforms and interfaces, including development and maintenance of appropriate procedures and documentation and ensuring that training and support are adequate for company employees.
- Coordinates with the company management team and the RAS/WMS/EDI vendors to identify and solve system/process issues and drive accuracy and efficiency.
- Responsible for the development and achievement of internal client service, system availability, and security service level agreements and performance metrics and reporting.
- Communicates areas of risk, operational threats, and challenges impacting operations and application infrastructure performance.
- Researches, recommends, tests, and implements innovative technology to solve business challenges; optimize systems for streamlined processes, efficiency, and accuracy.
- Authorizes and oversees the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development and support of all hardware and software.
- Benchmarks, analyzes, and recommends improvements of the IT infrastructure and systems.
- Manages the negotiation and administration of vendor, outsourced, and consultant service agreements and contracts as authorized.
- Oversees end-user services including help desk and technical support.
- Ensures the creation and maintenance of documentation for IT systems and processes.
- Manages IT department and purchasing in accordance with approved operating and capital budgets.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Position Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or related field or equivalent via education and/or work experience.
- 10+ years of progressive experience managing technology operations and leading IT teams.
- Exceptional oral, written, and overall communication skills.
- Excellent understanding of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and telecommunications systems.
- Demonstrated successful working relationships with clients, suppliers, and other internal and external contacts.
- Demonstrated successful and positive personal leadership, interpersonal, organizational, administrative, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership experience, including development of IT talent.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, and Windows.
- Demonstrated continuous improvement in areas of responsibility.
- Availability to travel to other Company locations up to 25% depending on the circumstances and project.
- Experience in a distribution setting, especially in beverage distribution.
- Experience with RAS and WMS systems.
- Experience with Vermont Information Processing (“VIP”) if active in the beverage industry a plus.
* * * * *