Delivery Assistant - Abingdon, Virginia
▸ Apply Online ▸ Download & Apply
*Day Shift - Home every night!
Join the Blue Ridge Team! Blue Ridge Beverage Company, Inc., the leading distributor of beer, wine and non-alcohol drinks in Central and Southwest Virginia is looking for a DELIVERY ASSISTANT. If you are a service driven professional looking for a solid career with a growing company, then we invite you to join our team!
Job Type: Full-Time
Wage Range: From $14.50 per hour
- Paid time off plus 3 scheduled paid holidays and 3 floating paid holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance including health, dental, prescription, and vision care
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with some employer contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
You will be responsible for helping our Service Representatives deliver pre-sold beverage products to retail customers, most with ABC licenses. Our Delivery Assistants unload product, check it in with store personnel, rotate by code date to ensure product freshness and merchandise inventory to the shelves. After completing deliveries, return to the warehouse, check in remaining product and balance sales dollars to delivery invoices. A typical day begins at 4:30 am (start times may vary) and ends when the route and check in process is completed, Monday to Friday. Professional appearance, excellent time management, and outstanding customer service skills required.
Delivery Assistants at Blue Ridge Beverage are outgoing, independent, and responsible employees who make customer service a priority. They are able to work in a team environment that requires daily two-way communications with each team member to relay customer needs, opportunities, account progress and potential problems. They are focused on safety, pay close attention to detail, and excel at conflict resolution.
- Operate all equipment in a safe and responsible manner. Assist with completing daily pre- and post- trip logs.
- Help deliver products to customers following a defined route.
- Recover company property and secure product at all times.
- Rotate all shelf stock, back stock and cooler inventory during each delivery to ensure product freshness.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and company policies and procedures to fulfill customer requests concerning delivery needs, product rotation and merchandising.
- Build displays to designated standards in support of retail programs.
- Assist with accurately edit invoices and collect checks and money orders for the correct amount. Reconcile route daily.
- Maintain neat appearance daily and adhere to company uniform policy.
Minimum Position Requirements
- Must not have a felony conviction or a no contest plea to a felony.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment and random drug screens including for THC, as required by DOT.
- Strong math, verbal and written communication skills preferred.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
Must be able to repetitively lift 25 to 40 pounds and occasionally up to 170 pounds when handling kegs. Must be able to bend, lift, carry, climb, stoop and stack product using a hand truck or electric pallet jack.
* * * * *
EOE: Blue Ridge Beverage is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
All candidates must consent to a pre-employment drug screen that includes testing for the presence of THC.