Day Warehouse Associate - Lynchburg
Blue Ridge Beverage Company, Inc., located in Central and Southwest VA, is a large beverage distribution company seeking a full time Day Warehouse Associate. The shift is Monday through Friday, starting at the assigned time and may require overtime.
Job Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Wage Range: $15.00 - $15.50/hour
- Paid time off plus 3 scheduled paid holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance including health, dental, prescription, and vision care
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with some employer contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
Day shift warehouse workers typically receive and unload in-bound shipments of beer, wine, and non-alcoholic beverages. The person stocks pick locations according to quality standards, assists with inventory counts and maintains a clean and safe environment.
- Accurately receive and check in products from in-bound shipments, using computerized route accounting system.
- Move product from receiving to assigned bin locations using powered equipment.
- Keep assigned area clean, organized, neat and stocked, while ensuring proper rotation of product.
- Assist with building pallets of products for transfers.
- Assist with inventory counts by participating in weekly, monthly, or annual inventory cycles.
- Assist with master cleaning as directed.
- Complete all other tasks or projects as assigned.
- Function in a fast-paced environment, as a member of a team and independently.
- Adhere to strict safe working practices and company policies.
Minimum Position Requirements
- Must be able to repetitively lift 15 to 40 pounds and occasionally up to 135 pounds when handling kegs.
- Must be able to bend, lift, carry, climb, stoop and stack product using a forklift or walkie rider.
- Must be able to work in varying temperatures as assignments may involve working in a cooler, in a controlled temperature warehouse or outside.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that consistently requires a sense of urgency.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing.
- Have basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Forklift certification is preferred.
- Previous experience with computerized warehousing preferred.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen that includes THC.