CDL Class A Service Representative - Waynesboro
Blue Ridge Beverage Company, Inc., located in Central and Southwest VA, is a large beverage distribution company seeking a full time CDL Class A Delivery Driver. Class A CDL Service Reps deliver pre-sold beverage products to retail customers, most with ABC licenses. Service Reps unload product, check it in with store personnel, rotate by code date to ensure product freshness and merchandise inventory to the shelves. After completing deliveries, drivers return to the warehouse, check in remaining product and balance sales dollars to delivery invoices. A typical day begins at 5:30 am (may vary) and ends when the route and check in process is completed, Monday to Friday.
Job Type: Full-time, Non-exempt
Wage Range: $55,000 - $60,000
Paid time off plus 3 scheduled paid holidays
Comprehensive Medical Insurance including health, dental, prescription, and vision care
Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
Short-term and Long-term Disability
Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care
401(k) Retirement Plan with some employer contribution
Employee Assistance Program
Service Representatives at our company are outgoing, independent, and responsible employees who make customer service a priority. They are able to work in a team environment that requires daily two-way communications with each team member to relay customer needs, opportunities, account progress and potential problems. They are focused on safety, pay close attention to detail and excel at conflict resolution.
• Operate all equipment in a safe and responsible manner. Complete daily pre- and post- trip logs.
• Deliver products to customers following a defined route.
• Recover company property and secure product at all times.
• Rotate all shelf stock, back stock and cooler inventory during each delivery to ensure product freshness.
• Ensure compliance with regulatory and company policies and procedures to fulfill customer requests concerning delivery needs, product rotation and merchandising.
• Build displays to designated standards in support of retail programs.
• Accurately edit invoices and collect checks and money orders for the correct amount. Reconcile route daily.
• Maintain neat appearance daily and adhere to company uniform policy.
Minimum Position Requirements
• CDL Class A license with current medical card, or eligible.
• Must maintain acceptable driving record.
• Must be able to repetitively lift 25 to 40 pounds and occasionally up to 170 pounds when handling kegs.
• Must be able to bend, lift, carry, climb, stoop and stack product using a hand truck or electric pallet jack.
• Must not have a felony conviction or a no contest plea to a felony.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment and random drug screens including for THC, as required by DOT.
• Strong math, verbal and written communication skills preferred.
• Previous customer service experience preferred.