Administrative Assistant - Abingdon, Virginia
Join the Blue Ridge Beverage Team!
Blue Ridge Beverage Company, Inc., a leading distributor of beer, wine, and non-alcoholic beverages in Central and Southwest Virginia, is looking for a dedicated individual for an Administrative Assistant position for the Abingdon Division. The person in this position will be primarily responsible for various accounting functions and customer service duties.
Job Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Wage Range: $17.00 to $20.00 hourly
- Paid time off plus 3 scheduled paid holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance including health, dental, prescription, and vision care
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with some employer contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Greet and assist visitors to the office
- Post accounts payables on a daily basis
- Clear EFT Payments
- Maintain orderly financial filing system
- Assist in collections of customer and supplier receivables
- Process supplier support billings
- Post daily sales in the general ledger
- Assist with inventory costing and “end of month” reconciliations
- Maintain CDL driver qualification files
- Maintain and update licensing information in our Route Accounting System (RAS)
- Set up new customers in our RAS
- Settle/balance invoices from sales and delivery routes
- Prepare multiple daily reports, spreadsheets and create multiple files each day to balance delivery routes in our Route Accounting System
- Maintain computer and manual filing systems
- Other Duties as Assigned
Minimum Position Requirements
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- At least three years’ experience in an office environment experience in the beverage industry preferred
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work in order to meet daily deadlines of workload
- Previous experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP and/or beverage or other direct store distribution accounting a plus
- Blue Ridge Beverage has a zero-tolerance drug policy. Our pre-employment drug screen includes testing for the presence of THC.
* * * * *
EOE: Blue Ridge Beverage is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
All candidates must consent to a pre-employment drug screen that includes testing for the presence of THC.
If you are unable to complete an application due to a disability, contact this employer at email@example.com to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.