Account Manager/Salesperson - Waynesboro
Blue Ridge Beverage Company, Inc., located in Central and Southwest VA, is a large beverage distribution company seeking a full time Account Manager/Salesperson. Account Managers develop and maintain mutually beneficial business partnerships through the use of all Blue Ridge Beverage product types and sales resources, with primary intent of maximizing sales and profitability for the retailer and company alike.
Job Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Wage Range: $57,000 - $65,000
- Paid time off plus 3 scheduled paid holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance including health, dental, prescription, and vision care
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with some employer contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
Successful salesmen continually meet and exceed retail expectations, as defined by the customer, centering on timely accurate orders, deliveries, product rotation, promotion programing execution, merchandising standards and correct inventory levels.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, monthly objective attainment, order development, cooler resets, execution/attainment of merchandising standards, quality rotation and overall customer satisfaction.
- Adhere strictly to account service schedule and route assignments as directed by the Area Manager and General Sales Manager.
- Execute retail programs, incentives, and new brand rollouts, consisting of account specific objectives and volume goals.
- Establish daily, two-way communications with Manager to discuss customer needs, opportunities, account progress and potential issues.
- Recognize product delivery and order opportunities based on storage, minimum load, and customer input to make recommendations for change to Area Manager.
- Minimize out of stocks/miss-orders through accurate ordering, replacement, redelivery to solve problems and to fix issues.
- Regularly conduct reviews of the customer account and update products, costing, pricing and use of point-of-sale material to ensure profitability and competitiveness.
- Maintain strict quality control standards within each account according to company SOP Stock Rotation and Exchange Program.
- Demonstrate a passion for the business and brands that are being represented and sold.
- Must be able to repetitively lift, including overhead, 15-40 pounds or more with frequent bending, stooping, standing, kneeling, reaching, pushing, pulling, and sitting. This job is rigorous and physically demanding.
- Must be able to work in varying temperatures as assignments may involve working in a cooler.
Minimum Position Requirements
- Minimum 2 years of experience in customer service or sales related positions.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that consistently requires a sense of urgency.
- Must have basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Ability to work and problem-solve with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in technology.
- Strong interpersonal, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid driver license with excellent driving record.
- Dependable transportation.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen that includes THC.