Molson Coors Beverage Company unveils new corporate logo and identity
By Peter Frost, 12 February, 2020
Molson Coors Beverage Company today unveiled its new corporate identity, a modern and contemporary look designed to balance the heritage of the Molson and Coors names while signaling the company’s future will extend beyond the beer aisle.
The new logo and identity launched today across the company’s digital platforms, including its website, news blog and social media channels.
Its release comes in the wake of a corporate restructuring and revitalization plan that included the consolidation of business units and the reorganization of its North American office locations. The company officially changed its name to Molson Coors Beverage Company on Jan. 1.
“Our logo is a celebration of the new look and direction of Molson Coors Beverage Company,” says CEO Gavin Hattersley. Designed to give equal prominence to both Molson and Coors, the new logo also pays homage to the company’s former U.S. unit, MillerCoors, by carrying over an evolved pint glass.
It also includes “Beverage Company,” an important distinction that “speaks volumes about who we are and what is possible for our business, signaling to our employees, our customers, investors and others that we are serious about growing beyond beer,” Hattersley says. “We will continue to compete and win on the foundation of our great beers, but the reality is our future will expand beyond that.”
A new, modern color palette featuring orange and two shades of blue aims to convey a bright and optimistic future for the company, while gold is a nod to its nearly 250-year foundation and heritage in beer.
“Modern brands are simple and use color and font to help convey the right emotions,” says Sofia Colucci, Molson Coors’ vice president of North American innovations, who helped lead development of the new logo and identity. “We wanted to strike the right balance of conveying our heritage in beer but also symbolizing a deliberate step into different beverages.”
With the introduction of a new identity, the company is phasing out its MillerCoors name in the U.S., a move intended to “unify our people around the world and signify that we have one future together,” Hattersley says.
The changes include migrating its website, news blog (renamed Beer & Beyond) and social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram) under the Molson Coors banner.
- Coors Light, Miller Lite each lay claim to Molson Coors' first Super Bowl spot in 30 years 01/16/2023
- A History of Beer in the U.S. 12/05/2022
- Vizzy gets colorful packaging refresh for ‘23 12/02/2022
- Blue Ridge Beverage Company welcomes Athletic Brewing Company to the team!! 11/14/2022
- Two years in, Golden brewery overhaul starts to take shape 10/19/2022
- Molson Coors announces community investments through Project Justice, details progress on sustainability goals 08/16/2022
- Molson Coors grows top-line on constant currency basis for 5th straight quarter 08/02/2022
- Hamm’s fans can’t get enough of its Throwback Pack 07/22/2022
- All grown up: Simply Spiked Lemonade launches new campaign 07/11/2022
- Virginia’s Barboursville Vineyards Takes Home 2021 Governor’s Cup® with 2015 Paxxito 03/09/2021
- VBWA Monthly Member Spotlight - Jacqueline Archer 02/18/2021
- Miller Genuine Draft unveils dramatic new look 02/15/2021
- An Open Letter to Our Blue Ridge Beverage Company Family 06/18/2020
- 2020 VBWA LEGISLATIVE CONFERENCE 01/30/2020
- Virginia Cider Week 11/15/2019
- Canned Cocktails Made with Premium Distilled Spirits - Waterbird Spirits partners with Blue Ridge Beverage 09/23/2019
- Regine Archer receives Charles Brown Award from Roanoke College 09/11/2019
- Crook & Marker Spiked & Sparkling partners with Blue Ridge Beverage 04/15/2019
- Skipping Rock Beer partners with Blue Ridge Beverage 04/08/2019
- Beale's Beer and Trapezium Brewing Co. partner with Blue Ridge Beverage 03/18/2019
- 2018 Virginia Craft Beer Month 08/01/2018
- Virginia Craft Beer Month 08/01/2017
- Deschutes Brewery Street Pub 2017 06/13/2017
- American Craft Beer Week 05/21/2017
- Deschutes Brewery to Open Tasting Room in Downtown Roanoke 04/17/2017
- Deschutes Brewery Street Pub 08/27/2016
- HOUSE RESOLUTION NO. 40 Commending the Archer family 05/20/2016
- America’s Beer Distributors Celebrate Craft Beer Week 05/16/2016
- Deschutes Brewery is partnering with Blue Ridge Beverage Company 05/12/2016
- Bob Archer elected to the board of directors of the Virginia War Memorial Foundation 11/18/2015
- NBWA Life Service Award recipient Bob Archer 10/13/2015
- Bob Archer appointmented to the Governor's ABC Review Commission 04/24/2015
- Beer Distributors Recognized for Outstanding Service to Industry and Local Communities 09/30/2014
- Blue Ridge Beverage honored with Bill Coors Quality Award for second straight year 06/25/2014
- MillerCoors President's Award Trip Photo Gallery 09/30/2013
- Entertainment Under the Stars: Come Enjoy New Belgium Brewing’s Clips Beer and Film Tour This Friday, September 13 09/13/2013
- 2013 Virginia Craft Brewers Cup winners 08/24/2013
- Boulevard Partners with Blue Ridge Beverage: Expanding in Virginia 05/31/2013
- BRB Chairman Receives Honorary Doctorate at Roanoke College 2013 Commencement 05/04/2013
- Roanoke College to Confer Honorary Degree On Blue Ridge Beverage Chairman 03/26/2013
- Blue Ridge Beverage honored with Bill Coors Quality Award 03/09/2013
- Bob Archer, Chairman, National Beer Wholesalers Association 10/13/2012