Vizzy gets colorful packaging refresh for ‘23
By Alex Parker, 02 December, 2022
Vizzy Hard Seltzer is bringing a whole new vibe in 2023.
The hard seltzer brand from Molson Coors Beverage Company is shaking up its look and lineup next year, realigning its portfolio to draw in more consumers at retail.
“We know consumers love Vizzy’s vibrant dual flavors, so we saw a natural opportunity to give each pack its own vibe,” says Liz Cramton, Molson Coors’ director of marketing for hard seltzers. “We’ve got a great foundation of core flavors, and we’re building on them even more.”
Vizzy’s new look includes reshuffling the flavors in its two primary variety packs, so each pack has a distinct vibe. Its new orange Vibrantly Tropical pack features Pineapple Mango, Papaya Passionfruit, Blueberry Pomegranate and Strawberry Kiwi.
The bright blue Refreshingly Berry pack, meanwhile, includes Blackberry Lemon, Black Cherry Lime, Watermelon Strawberry and Raspberry Tangerine.
“Vibrantly Tropical is like a vacation in a can, bringing island vibes whenever you need it. Refreshingly Berry is great for hanging out on the patio during the day or the rooftop by night,” Cramton says.
Also getting an update are Vizzy’s lemonade variety pack – renamed Tangy Lemonade and featuring bright yellow packaging – and its mimosa pack, now branded with magenta packaging as Sparkling Mimosa.
“We wanted each pack to stand out on shelves so when consumers go to shop, they instinctively know a Vizzy pack when they see it,” Cramton says.
Vizzy made a splash with its debut in 2020, boasting bold flavors and bright-orange packaging that set it apart from what at the time was a sea of white in the booming hard seltzer segment. And the brand sees its dual flavor offerings as a differentiator, as more consumers seek out unique hard seltzers, Cramton says.
This year, Vizzy, the No. 5 hard seltzer in the U.S., has successfully fended off challenges from competitors, moving 54% more volume than the No. 6 brand, Michelob Ultra Hard Seltzer, according to IRI data for the 13 weeks that ended Nov. 20. What’s more, it’s outperforming Bud Light Seltzer in key markets like Chicago and Atlanta, where Vizzy sold 47% and 44% more cases respectively, according to 13-week IRI data through Nov. 13.
And even though the segment has slowed over the past two years, it remains a force in the overall beer industry, Cramton says. Vizzy’s refreshed look for 2023 underscores Molson Coors’ confidence and commitment to the brand – and the segment.
“We see a lot of opportunity in the segment. That’s why we are investing and evolving,” she says. “There are many new competitors out there, which is why we need to stand out even more.”
In 2023, along with its updated packaging, Vizzy is looking to make a splash in culture. It recently signed on as the official hard seltzer of the Professional Pickleball Association, one of the leading pro leagues of America’s fastest-growing sport.
“We feel really confident in the brand, and we continue to see that consumers like our flavors and love our vibes,” Cramton says. “The Vizzy Gang is strong.”
- Coors Light, Miller Lite each lay claim to Molson Coors' first Super Bowl spot in 30 years 01/16/2023
- A History of Beer in the U.S. 12/05/2022
- Blue Ridge Beverage Company welcomes Athletic Brewing Company to the team!! 11/14/2022
- Two years in, Golden brewery overhaul starts to take shape 10/19/2022
- Molson Coors announces community investments through Project Justice, details progress on sustainability goals 08/16/2022
- Molson Coors grows top-line on constant currency basis for 5th straight quarter 08/02/2022
- Hamm’s fans can’t get enough of its Throwback Pack 07/22/2022
- All grown up: Simply Spiked Lemonade launches new campaign 07/11/2022
- Virginia’s Barboursville Vineyards Takes Home 2021 Governor’s Cup® with 2015 Paxxito 03/09/2021
- VBWA Monthly Member Spotlight - Jacqueline Archer 02/18/2021
- Miller Genuine Draft unveils dramatic new look 02/15/2021
- An Open Letter to Our Blue Ridge Beverage Company Family 06/18/2020
- Molson Coors Beverage Company unveils new corporate logo and identity 02/12/2020
- 2020 VBWA LEGISLATIVE CONFERENCE 01/30/2020
- Virginia Cider Week 11/15/2019
- Canned Cocktails Made with Premium Distilled Spirits - Waterbird Spirits partners with Blue Ridge Beverage 09/23/2019
- Regine Archer receives Charles Brown Award from Roanoke College 09/11/2019
- Crook & Marker Spiked & Sparkling partners with Blue Ridge Beverage 04/15/2019
- Skipping Rock Beer partners with Blue Ridge Beverage 04/08/2019
- Beale's Beer and Trapezium Brewing Co. partner with Blue Ridge Beverage 03/18/2019
- 2018 Virginia Craft Beer Month 08/01/2018
- Virginia Craft Beer Month 08/01/2017
- Deschutes Brewery Street Pub 2017 06/13/2017
- American Craft Beer Week 05/21/2017
- Deschutes Brewery to Open Tasting Room in Downtown Roanoke 04/17/2017
- Deschutes Brewery Street Pub 08/27/2016
- HOUSE RESOLUTION NO. 40 Commending the Archer family 05/20/2016
- America’s Beer Distributors Celebrate Craft Beer Week 05/16/2016
- Deschutes Brewery is partnering with Blue Ridge Beverage Company 05/12/2016
- Bob Archer elected to the board of directors of the Virginia War Memorial Foundation 11/18/2015
- NBWA Life Service Award recipient Bob Archer 10/13/2015
- Bob Archer appointmented to the Governor's ABC Review Commission 04/24/2015
- Beer Distributors Recognized for Outstanding Service to Industry and Local Communities 09/30/2014
- Blue Ridge Beverage honored with Bill Coors Quality Award for second straight year 06/25/2014
- MillerCoors President's Award Trip Photo Gallery 09/30/2013
- Entertainment Under the Stars: Come Enjoy New Belgium Brewing’s Clips Beer and Film Tour This Friday, September 13 09/13/2013
- 2013 Virginia Craft Brewers Cup winners 08/24/2013
- Boulevard Partners with Blue Ridge Beverage: Expanding in Virginia 05/31/2013
- BRB Chairman Receives Honorary Doctorate at Roanoke College 2013 Commencement 05/04/2013
- Roanoke College to Confer Honorary Degree On Blue Ridge Beverage Chairman 03/26/2013
- Blue Ridge Beverage honored with Bill Coors Quality Award 03/09/2013
- Bob Archer, Chairman, National Beer Wholesalers Association 10/13/2012