Blue Ridge Beverage honored with Bill Coors Quality Award for second straight year
SALEM, Virginia. -- MillerCoors President Tom Long and Chief Supply Chain Officer Fernando Palacios recently awarded local beer distributor Blue Ridge Beverage the "Bill Coors Quality Award" for an unprecedented second straight year in front of some 2,000 fellow distributors from across the country.
The award was presented at the annual MillerCoors Distributor Convention in San Diego. The Bill Coors Quality Award honors the distributor in the MillerCoors national distribution system who excels against the company’s exacting quality measures. The award is named in honor of Bill Coors, the trailblazing engineer who spearheaded numerous brewing innovations and is known to this day for his dedication to brewing quality.
“In the words of Bill Coors, quality never stops and that’s why we say that quality is a partnership between brewer and distributor at MillerCoors,” said Fernando Palacios, chief supply chain officer for MillerCoors. “Blue Ridge Beverage’s Lynchburg division achieved the highest score possible in all MillerCoors quality measures earning a total portfolio score of 100% and a focus brands score of 100%. Blue Ridge’s Waynesboro division achieved the same perfect scores and took the top honor in 2012. In fact, all five of the distributor’s operations demonstrated their commitment to quality by achieving five of the top ten quality scores among all MillerCoors distributors in 2012 and 2013.
Blue Ridge Beverage President Robert Archer and COO Jim Archer accepted this year’s Bill Coors Quality Award on stage.
For more information, contact:
Robert A. Archer
Blue Ridge Beverage Company, Inc.
540-380-2000, ext. 1106
About Blue Ridge Beverage Company
Blue Ridge Beverage was founded in 1938 and has been owned and operated by the Archer family since 1959. Blue Ridge Beverage is one of the largest, full-service wholesale beverage distributors in Virginia. Headquartered in Salem, Virginia, the company distributes beer, wine, cider and non-alcoholic beverages throughout a 49-county, 17-city region with facilities located in Salem, Waynesboro, Lynchburg, South Boston and Abingdon, VA. Blue Ridge Beverage and its 400 employees service more than 4,000 retail customers including supermarkets, convenience stores and restaurants. The company’s objective is to provide the most efficient and sophisticated full-service beverage distribution model for beverage suppliers to achieve and sustain their brand objectives in central and southwest Virginia. Blue Ridge Beverage is proud to represent many of the finest beverage suppliers from the United States and around the world. MillerCoors LLC is Blue Ridge Beverage’s largest supplier.
MillerCoors brews, markets and sells the MillerCoors portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Built on a foundation of great beer brands and nearly 300 years of brewing heritage, MillerCoors continues the commitment of its founders to brew the highest quality beers. MillerCoors is the second-largest beer company in America, capturing nearly 30 percent of the U.S. beer sales. Led by two of the best-selling beers in the industry, Coors Light and Miller Lite, MillerCoors has a broad portfolio of highly complementary brands across every major industry segment. The company offers a variety of leading craft and import brands, including Blue Moon and Leinenkugel’s through its Tenth and Blake division. MillerCoors operates eight major breweries in the U.S., as well as the Leinenkugel’s craft brewery in Chippewa Falls, WI and two microbreweries , the 10thStreet Brewery in Milwaukee and the Blue Moon Brewing Company at Coors Field in Denver. MillerCoors insists on building its brands the right way through brewing quality, responsible marketing and environmental and community impact. MillerCoors is a joint venture of SABMiller plc and Molson Coors Brewing Company. Learn more at MillerCoors.com, at facebook.com/MillerCoors or on Twitter through @MillerCoors.
- Blue Ridge Beverage Company welcomes Athletic Brewing Company to the team!! 11/14/2022
- Two years in, Golden brewery overhaul starts to take shape 10/19/2022
- Molson Coors announces community investments through Project Justice, details progress on sustainability goals 08/16/2022
- Molson Coors grows top-line on constant currency basis for 5th straight quarter 08/02/2022
- Hamm’s fans can’t get enough of its Throwback Pack 07/22/2022
- All grown up: Simply Spiked Lemonade launches new campaign 07/11/2022
- Virginia’s Barboursville Vineyards Takes Home 2021 Governor’s Cup® with 2015 Paxxito 03/09/2021
- VBWA Monthly Member Spotlight - Jacqueline Archer 02/18/2021
- Miller Genuine Draft unveils dramatic new look 02/15/2021
- An Open Letter to Our Blue Ridge Beverage Company Family 06/18/2020
- Molson Coors Beverage Company unveils new corporate logo and identity 02/12/2020
- 2020 VBWA LEGISLATIVE CONFERENCE 01/30/2020
- Virginia Cider Week 11/15/2019
- Canned Cocktails Made with Premium Distilled Spirits - Waterbird Spirits partners with Blue Ridge Beverage 09/23/2019
- Regine Archer receives Charles Brown Award from Roanoke College 09/11/2019
- Crook & Marker Spiked & Sparkling partners with Blue Ridge Beverage 04/15/2019
- Skipping Rock Beer partners with Blue Ridge Beverage 04/08/2019
- Beale's Beer and Trapezium Brewing Co. partner with Blue Ridge Beverage 03/18/2019
- 2018 Virginia Craft Beer Month 08/01/2018
- Virginia Craft Beer Month 08/01/2017
- Deschutes Brewery Street Pub 2017 06/13/2017
- American Craft Beer Week 05/21/2017
- Deschutes Brewery to Open Tasting Room in Downtown Roanoke 04/17/2017
- Deschutes Brewery Street Pub 08/27/2016
- HOUSE RESOLUTION NO. 40 Commending the Archer family 05/20/2016
- America’s Beer Distributors Celebrate Craft Beer Week 05/16/2016
- Deschutes Brewery is partnering with Blue Ridge Beverage Company 05/12/2016
- Bob Archer elected to the board of directors of the Virginia War Memorial Foundation 11/18/2015
- NBWA Life Service Award recipient Bob Archer 10/13/2015
- Bob Archer appointmented to the Governor's ABC Review Commission 04/24/2015
- Beer Distributors Recognized for Outstanding Service to Industry and Local Communities 09/30/2014
- MillerCoors President's Award Trip Photo Gallery 09/30/2013
- Entertainment Under the Stars: Come Enjoy New Belgium Brewing’s Clips Beer and Film Tour This Friday, September 13 09/13/2013
- 2013 Virginia Craft Brewers Cup winners 08/24/2013
- Boulevard Partners with Blue Ridge Beverage: Expanding in Virginia 05/31/2013
- BRB Chairman Receives Honorary Doctorate at Roanoke College 2013 Commencement 05/04/2013
- Roanoke College to Confer Honorary Degree On Blue Ridge Beverage Chairman 03/26/2013
- Blue Ridge Beverage honored with Bill Coors Quality Award 03/09/2013
- Bob Archer, Chairman, National Beer Wholesalers Association 10/13/2012