All grown up: Simply Spiked Lemonade launches new campaign
Following its successful launch, Simply Spiked Lemonade, a collaboration between Molson Coors Beverage Company and The Coca-Cola Company, is now gearing up for a full-fledged marketing blitz, starting today with a series of ads set to air across TV, digital, social, Spotify and out-of-home in select markets.
The six- and 15-second spots are rooted in a simple insight: Simply -- the immensely popular non-alcohol beverage that inspired Simply Spiked Lemonade – turned 21. It’s tagline? “It’s Getting Juicy.”
“This is a perfect, serendipitous moment for us to bring a spiked product to the world as the juice brand actually celebrates its 21st birthday this summer,” says Joy Ghosh, vice president of marketing for above-premium brands and flavored malt beverages for Molson Coors. The ads will air during marquee programming, including some of TV’s most-anticipated shows.
When Simply Spiked Lemonade launched last month, it was declared “the drink of the summer,” and if early sales data is any indication, it’s earning that distinction.
After just four weeks in market, Simply Spiked Lemonade has sold over 6 million cans and earned a 3.6 dollar share of the flavored malt beverage segment, according to IRI multi-outlet and convenience store data, a testament to just how much consumers are excited by its launch.
“It shows there’s real consumer pull and excitement behind the launch so far,” says Ghosh. "All the data says we’re off to a fast start with potential for much more.”
One of the keys to this fast start has been the strong earned media and social buzz behind the Simply Spiked Lemonade brand, Ghosh says. With than 2 billion media impressions so far, Simply Spiked Lemonade has staked out a place in culture, amplified by enthusiasm from fans across social media platforms.
Distributors and retailers were just as excited for Simply Spiked Lemonade, resulting in huge initial orders. Two new production facilities are now making Simply Spiked Lemonade to meet demand.
“We’re ramping up supply to keep up with excitement around the brand, and the supply chain moved mountains to ensure we can handle more production and are ready for the future,” Ghosh says.
Ghosh expects Simply Spiked Lemonade’s momentum to continue throughout the summer as more legal-age drinkers discover it.
“Simply Spiked Lemonade is on fire,” he says. “We’re ready to celebrate its 21st birthday and keep the party going all summer long.”
- Coors Light is ‘most sustainable’ beer brand, according to surveys 04/19/2023
- Coors Light, Miller Lite each lay claim to Molson Coors' first Super Bowl spot in 30 years 01/16/2023
- A History of Beer in the U.S. 12/05/2022
- Vizzy gets colorful packaging refresh for ‘23 12/02/2022
- Blue Ridge Beverage Company welcomes Athletic Brewing Company to the team!! 11/14/2022
- Two years in, Golden brewery overhaul starts to take shape 10/19/2022
- Molson Coors announces community investments through Project Justice, details progress on sustainability goals 08/16/2022
- Molson Coors grows top-line on constant currency basis for 5th straight quarter 08/02/2022
- Hamm’s fans can’t get enough of its Throwback Pack 07/22/2022
- Virginia’s Barboursville Vineyards Takes Home 2021 Governor’s Cup® with 2015 Paxxito 03/09/2021
- VBWA Monthly Member Spotlight - Jacqueline Archer 02/18/2021
- Miller Genuine Draft unveils dramatic new look 02/15/2021
- An Open Letter to Our Blue Ridge Beverage Company Family 06/18/2020
- Molson Coors Beverage Company unveils new corporate logo and identity 02/12/2020
- 2020 VBWA LEGISLATIVE CONFERENCE 01/30/2020
- Virginia Cider Week 11/15/2019
- Canned Cocktails Made with Premium Distilled Spirits - Waterbird Spirits partners with Blue Ridge Beverage 09/23/2019
- Regine Archer receives Charles Brown Award from Roanoke College 09/11/2019
- Crook & Marker Spiked & Sparkling partners with Blue Ridge Beverage 04/15/2019
- Skipping Rock Beer partners with Blue Ridge Beverage 04/08/2019
- Beale's Beer and Trapezium Brewing Co. partner with Blue Ridge Beverage 03/18/2019
- 2018 Virginia Craft Beer Month 08/01/2018
- Virginia Craft Beer Month 08/01/2017
- Deschutes Brewery Street Pub 2017 06/13/2017
- American Craft Beer Week 05/21/2017
- Deschutes Brewery to Open Tasting Room in Downtown Roanoke 04/17/2017
- Deschutes Brewery Street Pub 08/27/2016
- HOUSE RESOLUTION NO. 40 Commending the Archer family 05/20/2016
- America’s Beer Distributors Celebrate Craft Beer Week 05/16/2016
- Deschutes Brewery is partnering with Blue Ridge Beverage Company 05/12/2016
- Bob Archer elected to the board of directors of the Virginia War Memorial Foundation 11/18/2015
- NBWA Life Service Award recipient Bob Archer 10/13/2015
- Bob Archer appointmented to the Governor's ABC Review Commission 04/24/2015
- Beer Distributors Recognized for Outstanding Service to Industry and Local Communities 09/30/2014
- Blue Ridge Beverage honored with Bill Coors Quality Award for second straight year 06/25/2014
- MillerCoors President's Award Trip Photo Gallery 09/30/2013
- Entertainment Under the Stars: Come Enjoy New Belgium Brewing’s Clips Beer and Film Tour This Friday, September 13 09/13/2013
- 2013 Virginia Craft Brewers Cup winners 08/24/2013
- Boulevard Partners with Blue Ridge Beverage: Expanding in Virginia 05/31/2013
- BRB Chairman Receives Honorary Doctorate at Roanoke College 2013 Commencement 05/04/2013
- Roanoke College to Confer Honorary Degree On Blue Ridge Beverage Chairman 03/26/2013
- Blue Ridge Beverage honored with Bill Coors Quality Award 03/09/2013
- Bob Archer, Chairman, National Beer Wholesalers Association 10/13/2012