Blue Ridge Beverage honored with Bill Coors Quality Award
SALEM, Virginia. -- MillerCoors President Tom Long and Chief Supply Chain Officer Fernando Palacios recently awarded local beer distributor Blue Ridge Beverage the "Bill Coors Quality Award" in front of some 2,000 fellow distributors from across the country.
The award was presented at the annual MillerCoors Distributor Convention held March 6-7 in Orlando, Fla. The Bill Coors Quality Award honors the distributor in the MillerCoors national distribution system which excels against the company’s exacting quality measures. The award is named in honor of Bill Coors, the trailblazing engineer who spearheaded numerous brewing innovations and is known to this day for his dedication to brewing quality.
“In the words of Bill Coors, quality never stops and that’s why we say that quality is a partnership between brewer and distributor at MillerCoors,” said Fernando Palacios, chief supply chain officer for MillerCoors. “Blue Ridge’s Waynesboro, VA, operation achieved the highest score possible in all MillerCoors quality measures earning a total portfolio score of 100% and a focus brands score of 100%. In fact, Blue Ridge Beverage’s operations achieved five of the top ten quality scores among all MillerCoors distributors in 2012.
MillerCoors Legend and Blue Ridge Beverage chairman Regine Archer accepted the award on stage, joined by distributor principals Jim Archer, Jackie Archer and Waynesboro sales manager Bob Dobrin.
Overview of MillerCoors
Built on a foundation of great beer brands and nearly 300 years of brewing heritage, MillerCoors continues the commitment of its founders to brew the highest quality beers. MillerCoors is the second-largest beer company in the United States, capturing nearly 30 percent of beer sales in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Led by two of the best-selling beers in the industry, MillerCoors has a broad portfolio of brands across every major industry segment. The portfolio is led by the company’s premium light brands: Coors Light, Miller Lite and Miller64. Coors Light, the World’s Most Refreshing Beer, offers consumers refreshment as cold as the Rockies. Miller Lite established the American light beer category in 1975, offering beer drinkers a light beer that tastes like beer should. Miller64 is 64 calories of crisp, light taste that complements a balanced lifestyle. MillerCoors brews premium beers Coors Banquet and Miller Genuine Draft, and economy brands Miller High Life and Keystone Light. Tenth and Blake Beer Company, the MillerCoors craft and import division, imports Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Pilsner Urquell and Grolsch, and features craft brews from the Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company, Blue Moon Brewing Company and the Blitz-Weinhard Brewing Company. MillerCoors operates eight major breweries in the U.S., as well as the Leinenkugel’s craft brewery in Chippewa Falls, Wisc., and two microbreweries, the Tenth Street Brewery in Milwaukee and the Blue Moon Brewing Company at Coors Field in Denver. The MillerCoors vision is to create the best beer company in America through great people changing the way America enjoys beer. MillerCoors builds its brands the right way through brewing quality, responsible marketing and sustainable environmental and community impact. MillerCoors is a joint venture of SABMiller plc and Molson Coors Brewing Company. Learn more at MillerCoors.com, at facebook.com/MillerCoors or on Twitter through @MillerCoors.
- Blue Ridge Beverage Online Craft Portal for June 2018 06/26/2018
- Blue Ridge Beverage Online Craft Portal for May 2018 05/22/2018
- Blue Ridge Beverage Online Craft Portal for April 2018 04/24/2018
- Blue Ridge Beverage Online Craft Portal for March 2018 03/20/2018
- Blue Ridge Beverage Online Craft Portal for FeBREWary 2018 02/20/2018
- Blue Ridge Beverage Online Craft Portal for January 2018 01/15/2018
- Blue Ridge Beverage Online Craft Portal for December 12/12/2017
- Virginia Craft Beer Month 08/01/2017
- Deschutes Brewery Street Pub 2017 06/13/2017
- American Craft Beer Week 05/21/2017
- Deschutes Brewery to Open Tasting Room in Downtown Roanoke 04/17/2017
- Deschutes Brewery Street Pub 08/27/2016
- HOUSE RESOLUTION NO. 40 Commending the Archer family 05/20/2016
- America’s Beer Distributors Celebrate Craft Beer Week 05/16/2016
- Deschutes Brewery is partnering with Blue Ridge Beverage Company 05/12/2016
- Bob Archer elected to the board of directors of the Virginia War Memorial Foundation 11/18/2015
- NBWA Life Service Award recipient Bob Archer 10/13/2015
- Bob Archer appointmented to the Governor's ABC Review Commission 04/24/2015
- Beer Distributors Recognized for Outstanding Service to Industry and Local Communities 09/30/2014
- Blue Ridge Beverage honored with Bill Coors Quality Award for second straight year 06/25/2014
- MillerCoors President's Award Trip Photo Gallery 09/30/2013
- Entertainment Under the Stars: Come Enjoy New Belgium Brewing’s Clips Beer and Film Tour This Friday, September 13 09/13/2013
- 2013 Virginia Craft Brewers Cup winners 08/24/2013
- Boulevard Partners with Blue Ridge Beverage: Expanding in Virginia 05/31/2013
- BRB Chairman Receives Honorary Doctorate at Roanoke College 2013 Commencement 05/04/2013
- Roanoke College to Confer Honorary Degree On Blue Ridge Beverage Chairman 03/26/2013
- Meet NBWA's Incoming Chairman